I’ve tried everything for breakfast.
Eggs are the worst. I’ve tried it all – omelettes, Benedict, egg sandwiches. Every spice in the book to make it not taste like eggs.
The whole overnight oats thing went over well for a while, until the doctor told me I had to go grain-free for medical reasons.
My breakfast world is in constant shambles. Can anyone relate?
I’m always looking for new things to eat for breakfast, and I end up still eating lunch or dinner food anyways.
I mean, who can argue with golden brown sweet potatoes and well seasoned ground turkey?
I skip the eggs, of course, but I have been told it’s good with eggs too.
So for any breakfast haters out there, here’s my favorite non-breakfast breakfast recipe!
Though it’s good for breakfast lovers too.
Or for dinner.
Even the dog will want it.
Turkey Sweet Potato Hash
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: serves 2 people||Total:|
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 1/2 onion, small diced
- 1 red or yellow pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- TT salt and pepper
- 4 large eggs
- Oil, as needed
- Cook the potatoes in simmering water until just begin to soften. Remove from water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Sweat onions, peppers, and garlic in 1/2 T oil. Add in ground turkey and cook through.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on high. Add 1T oil and sweet potatoes. Allow them to get color before turning them. Cook until golden brown.
- Top sweet potatoes with ground turkey mixture.
- Reheat saute pan on high (I reuse the same one from the turkey mix, just wipe out any remaining bits first with a paper towel so they don't burn). Add 1-2 tsp oil (or butter, if preferred). Cook eggs to preference.
- Add eggs on top of sweet potato and turkey.
This can be made in regular saute pans and served on a plate if you don't have a cast iron 🙂