Calling all caramel and coconut lovers, and our dairy free friends! Remember a few weeks ago we posted the one ingredient caramel? Well we recently found at the store sweetened condensed coconut milk!
So we bought it to experiment with one ingredient caramel, using the same method we did for the regular sweetened condensed milk. The results were better than I expected – it tastes like Girl Scouts Samoa cookies! Whether you eat dairy-free or just simply love coconut and caramel, this is a delicious treat you have to try!
Dairy-Free One Ingredient Caramel
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: 1 cup||Total:|
Tastes like a Girl Scout Samoa cookie!
- 1 can sweetened condensed coconut milk
- Place unopened can of sweetened condensed coconut milk in a small pot.
- Immerse can in water.
- Cover and boil for 4 hours. Check water level every hour, and add water if necessary.
- Remove can from water and let chill completely. This is a necessary step! If you do not let the can chill, it will explode from the internal pressure when opening.
- Once chilled, open and ENJOY!
Don't want to watch the pot for four hours? Throw it in a crock-pot instead!
Can’t find sweetened condensed milk at your local grocery store? You can buy it on Amazon and get it delivered!
*We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.